Monday, August 25, 2008

Confusion

I'm in limbo not knowing what is happening with so many things. I'm confused by feelings because what I felt before turned out not to be true; how can I trust how I feel now? I guess you're not supposed to trust your feelings. The heart is desperately wicked.

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear." -- C.S. Lewis

This quote describes exactly what I'm going through -- grief that feels so much like fear. When I think about how everything happened, I am absolutely grief-stricken and still somewhat in shock; and fear is always present, even though I have essentially been freed from an oppressive relationship that could have consumed what I have left of myself.

But I'm not afraid at the moment, if you can believe that. I am accepted by my Maker, and I am accepting that (it's a process).

No comments: